TRI Finance controller will be responsible for running of Institute’s Finance department and supervising day to day operations.
The Finance Controller will provide comprehensive support to the Institute Secretary/ Head of Finance for the running of the Institute’s Finance department. They will also be responsible for managing other team members in the Finance team.
- To run the Institute’s finance department
- To prepare monthly management accounts
- To prepare quarterly VAT returns
- To supervise day to day operations
- To oversee bank and control account reconciliations
- To oversee year-end balance sheet audit schedules, including Fixed assets, bank, debtors, creditors and provisions
- To manage the financial records of the Institute and subsidiary(ies) accounts
- To provide project fund management information
- To liaise with auditors on the statutory audit
- To complete periodic National Statistics returns
- Assist Institute Secretary and deputise as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Holder of a recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) with a minimum 5 years post qualifying experience
- Experience of use of different software packages like Exchequer, Xero , Zahara etc.
- Up to date knowledge of FRS 102
- Information Technology literate – intermediate levels (min) for Excel and Word, and use of Powerpoint would be useful. Our accounts system is IRIS Exchequer.
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Reliable, honest, conscientious and a good team player – personality will be important due to the small size of the finance team
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to deal with confidential information – must be prepared to be DBS (ex CRB) checked
- Professional in outlook and approach to work
- Good staff management skills
- Proven track record of consistent overall excellent performance
- Experience in the charity / not-for-profit sector would be an advantage and an understanding of academic organisations would be useful
Candidates will need to have current and valid eligibility to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Archita Misra: firstname.lastname@example.org.