Will be responsible for creating high-quality written materials across a range of media, including slides, manuscripts, posters, meeting reports and websites in collaboration with our clinical advisors and PR team.
The Medical Writer will contribute to the development of high-quality, medically accurate documents, in the field of thrombosis, addressing different target audiences. Depending on the scope and nature of each project, this responsibility will include: content development (writing), editing, conducting background research, data checking, reference annotation and taking minutes at meetings. Other responsibilities will include assistance with strategic publication planning and meetings’ support.
- Content development of written materials (e.g. abstracts, posters, slides, manuscripts, and a wide range of other medical communication activities)
- Builds an increasing knowledge of the science/medicine of thrombosis to the degree required for effective communication with internal team members, clients, authors and target audiences
- Conducts searches of the published medical literature and other sources of medical, marketing and drug development information as directed by TRI team members
- Maintains and organizes electronic reference libraries using EndNote
- Uploads files and complete submission for abstracts and manuscripts
- Maintains the publication plans for various TRI studies
- Works with multidisciplinary project teams and external advisors to ensure projects are delivered within-budget, on-time and on-message
- Occasional travel, including international travel, required
- A sound scientific understanding and strong writing ability
- An aptitude for interpreting data and distilling complex scientific information into engaging and effective content, with a keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to find and correct errors in spelling, punctuation, grammar and check text for consistency, clarity and accuracy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A high level of personal motivation and initiative
- The ability to work independently and effectively in a team across multiple projects
- A flexible and proactive attitude, with the ability to prioritize and work to tight deadlines without compromising quality
- A PhD or MSc in life sciences
- At least 1 years previous experience as a Medical Writer in the life sciences
- Some project management experience
- A basic understanding of statistics
- Experience in working with collaborative, cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and processes
All interested candidates are required to complete a writing test.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.